Working with themes is just the same as working with plugins, with only one difference; add a –theme parameter to your command-line.
e.g. To install a theme:
wordshell mysite responsive --install --theme
wordshell mysite --list --theme
List available updates:
wordshell mysite --listupdates --theme
Therefore, to learn how to perform a theme operation, simply go to the corresponding manual page for the plugin operation:
- Installing plugins
- Listing plugins
- Finding available updates for plugins
- Updating plugins
- Deleting plugins
- Activating and de-activating plugins (just one difference: you cannot use –deactivate for a theme; rather, simply –activate the new theme you wish to use).
- Viewing descriptions and changelogs for plugins
- Restoring backed-up versions / rolling-back plugins
- Dealing with changes/custom modifications to plugins
- Working with third-party plugins
Note: Remember, recommended WordPress best practice is to never create modifications to a theme that you have obtained from elsewhere; rather, create a child theme.